ConnectKW is a network of public Internet access sites throughout Kitchener-Waterloo and an initiative that facilitates the adoption of technologies in our daily lives. It provides free access to the Internet for community members in Kitchener and Waterloo. Read more about the initiative here.
ConnectKW team of the Social Planning Council of Kitchener Waterloo is offering free computer coaching sessions until March 2015. We have Samsung Galaxy smart phones and ASUS tablets and can show how you can use different applications and communiation software.
If you haven't worked much with computers or hand held devices before, this is a great place to start and get excited about simple things that you will be able to do after a few coaching sessions. Read more about our program in the brochure on "Technology Training" or contact the Community Information Resource Centre.
One-to-one coaching sessions that fit your needs and skill level
For more information or to book a session contact
519-579-3800 or email us email@example.com.
Examples of topics:
• Intro to E-mail • Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
• Intro to Computers • Online Job Searching
• Intro to Internet • Government Forms
• Internet Safety • Online Research
• Everything Google • Microsoft Office
• Online Organization
• Digital Camera Basics
• Other Topics of Interest
The Acceptable Use policy, below, applies to all ConnectKW users. Copies should be posted at each ConnectKW site.
All users of this computer, and others sponsored by the ConnectKW, are expected to abide by the conditions and terms of the Acceptable Use Policy.
Any activity that interferes with or disrupts Internet use, or any attempt to damage or alter equipment, software or configurations, is prohibited and may result in the suspension of ConnectKW privileges. Users who use ConnectKW's computers for illegal purposes may be subject to prosecution.
The following activities are violations of this Policy:
1. Use of the workstations for illegal or criminal purposes, or for access to unauthorized areas
2. Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or similar material
3. Intentionally exposing other users, staff or volunteers to information or graphics that are deemed unacceptable by the community standard.
4. Infringement of copyright and other intellectual property right
5. Subverting, or attempting to subvert, any security devices in either software or hardware format
6. Attempting to install viruses or other programs designed to damage or alter software
7. Sending unsolicited commercial material or spamming
8. Misrepresenting oneself by posing as another user
9. Attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others
10. Vandalism or theft of ConnectKW or Network Member Site property
The Internet is a global, unregulated network. ConnectKW and its partners assume responsibility only for the content provided on the Network home page.
Public Internet Access Sites
The map displays all advertised public Internet access sites in Kitchener-Waterloo.
Please call to confirm hours and eligibility.