ConnectKW is a network of public Internet access sites throughout Kitchener-Waterloo.
ConnectKW provides free access to the Internet for community members in Kitchener and Waterloo. We are supported by Industry Canada's Community Access Program and our goal is to ensure that everyone has access to the Internet.
Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use policy, below, applies to all ConnectKW users. Copies should be posted at each ConnectKW site.
All users of this computer, and others sponsored by the ConnectKW, are expected to abide by the conditions and terms of the Acceptable Use Policy.
Any activity that interferes with or disrupts Internet use, or any attempt to damage or alter equipment, software or configurations, is prohibited and may result in the suspension of ConnectKW privileges. Users who use ConnectKW's computers for illegal purposes may be subject to prosecution.
The following activities are violations of this Policy:
- Use of the workstations for illegal or criminal purposes, or for access to unauthorized areas
- Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or similar material
- Intentionally exposing other users, staff or volunteers to information or graphics that are deemed unacceptable by the community standard.
- Infringement of copyright and other intellectual property right
- Subverting, or attempting to subvert, any security devices in either software or hardware format
- Attempting to install viruses or other programs designed to damage or alter software
- Sending unsolicited commercial material or spamming
- Misrepresenting oneself by posing as another user
- Attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others
- Vandalism or theft of ConnectKW or Network Member Site property
The Internet is a global, unregulated network. ConnectKW and its partners assume responsibility only for the content provided on the Network home page.